Autumn is coming and Halloween is right round the corner! To celebrate witches, ghosts and other monsters, we have prepared a simple and fast seasonal recipe based on pumpkins, chestnuts and bacon. Everyone to the kitchen!
Crédit : Sarah Pflug
Cream of pumpkin soup with chestnuts and smoked bacon
Ingredients (For 6 people)
1kg Pumpkin (approx two)
1 litre semi-skimmed milk
420g cooked chestnuts
200g smoked bacon
- Peel the pumpkin
- Wash the peeled pumpkin and chop into small cubes
- Put the cubes in a saucepan
- Pour in the milk to almost the level of the pumpkin
- Stir and cook over high heat until pumpkin cubes are soft and tender (about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Transfer the mix to a blender and blend till smooth
- Grill / fry bacon in a dry pan and drain on paper towel
- Brown the chestnuts in a frying pan for 15 minutes, stirring in the butter.
- Put the chestnuts on a paper towel and chop them
- Add the bacon and chestnuts into the pumpkin soup and you're done!
- Tip: For a successful Halloween effect, you can serve your dish in a hollow pumpkin with the hat!
For more orginal recipes visit our Blog on all things food
Bon appétit !