Autumn is coming and Halloween is right round the corner! To celebrate witches, ghosts and other monsters, we have prepared a simple and fast seasonal recipe based on pumpkins, chestnuts and bacon. Everyone to the kitchen!
Crédit : Sarah Pflug
Cream of pumpkin soup with chestnuts and smoked bacon
Ingredients (For 6 people)
1kg Pumpkin (approx two)
1 litre semi-skimmed milk
420g cooked chestnuts
200g smoked bacon
- Peel the pumpkin
- Wash the peeled pumpkin and chop into small cubes
- Put the cubes in a saucepan
- Pour in the milk to almost the level of the pumpkin
- Stir and cook over high heat until pumpkin cubes are soft and tender (about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Transfer the mix to a blender and blend till smooth
- Grill / fry bacon in a dry pan and drain on paper towel
- Brown the chestnuts in a frying pan for 15 minutes, stirring in the butter.
- Put the chestnuts on a paper towel and chop them
- Add the bacon and chestnuts into the pumpkin soup and you're done!
- Tip: For a successful Halloween effect, you can serve your dish in a hollow pumpkin with the hat!
For more orginal recipes visit our Blog on all things food
Bon appétit !
TV5MONDE no longer on Virgin Media from 18/1/19
FAO UK and Ireland Virgin Media viewers. As of Fri 18th Jan TV5MONDE will no longer be available on Virgin. Viewers can watch TV5MONDE for FREE, in HD, online via our website here http://europe.tv5monde.com/en/live. EN or FR subtitles available, watch via Smart TV / PC / tablet / smartphone. TV5MONDE - For the love of culture, in French.