Nothing beats a good cocktail by the beach or out on the terrace to cope with the summer heat. TV5MONDE invites you to discover our favourite alcohol-free cocktails to enjoy with the family!
The Rosemary and Grapefruit refresher
- Ice cubes
- A few rosemary sprigs
- Fresh Grapefruit juice
- Tonic water
- 1 grapefruit
- In a saucepan, heat 100ml of water and add sugar according to taste
- Add the rosemary sprigs and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and infuse covered for 10 minutes.
- Pour the syrup through a strainer and let cool in the refrigerator.
- In glasses filled with ice cubes pour in 1 tablespoon of rosemary syrup 1/3 of grapefruit juice and 2/3 of tonic water
- Decorate with rosemary sprigs and a few pieces of fresh grapefruit.
The Ravishing Raspberry
- Ice cubes
- A few mint leaves
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 litre of lemonade
- 100g raspberries
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lemon
- Crush the raspberries with the sugar, then put them in the bottom of the glass
- Add the squeezed lemon juice, the lemonade and mix
- Add in the ice cubes and decorate with a few slices of lemon and mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- Pineapple juice
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- 1 litre of lemondade
- A few chunks of fresh pineapple
- Grenadine syrup (optional)
- Place the crushed ice in a cocktail glass, then add the fruit juice mixture
- Add the lemonade and a dash of grenadine if desired
- Decorate with the pineapple chunks
Agnès Varda, widow of Jacques Demy, is considered as one of the greatest french filmmakers of all time. In february, Jerusalem Cinematheque pays her tribute with special screenings of her iconic artwork (more info here).
In April, TV5MONDE will offer a special retrospective of 3 movies by Agnès Varda - watch this space!