Did you just come home from your skiiing holiday in France and would you like to taste the atmosphere again? Prepare this month's recipe and it will be like you are back in France, in a cosy restaurant, enjoying a well-deserved break on the slopes.
1 reblochon cheese
200g smoked bacon cubes
2 chopped onions
salt and pepper
200ml of crème fraîche
- Peel the potatoes, cut into slices of 0.5 cm and boil for 7 minutes in salted water
- Melt the butter in a big skillet
- Fry the chopped onion and add the bacon cubes shortly thereafter
- If the bacon has a nice colour, add the cooked potatoes and the crème fraiche and mix it all together
- Season with salt and pepper
- Put the potato mixture in an oven dish
- Cut the Reblochon cheese across so that you have two discs. Place them on the dish with the crust to the top
- Put the oven dish in the oven and take it out again after 20 minutes.
- Remove the crusts (they let go quite easily) and put the dish back in the oven for another 10 minutes before you can enjoy this delicious recipe
TV5MONDE no longer on Virgin Media from 18/1/19
FAO UK and Ireland Virgin Media viewers. As of Fri 18th Jan TV5MONDE will no longer be available on Virgin. Viewers can watch TV5MONDE for FREE, in HD, online via our website here http://europe.tv5monde.com/en/live. EN or FR subtitles available, watch via Smart TV / PC / tablet / smartphone. TV5MONDE - For the love of culture, in French.